A blog tag thing? After all these years? Really? When I hardly even keep up this blog and even when I was posting here regularly I pretty much always refused to do blog tag things?
The Anchoress has tagged me, after all, and one does not ignore an Anchoress tagging, I don’t care how sorry a blogger you consider yourself.
Besides, this is pretty simple. I just need to list, in no particular order, my five favorite Catholic devotions. So here goes:
1. Memorare. I pray it. I calm down. That simple.
2. Morning Offering. Covers a lot of territory for me. I even “re-pray” it throughout the day, especially during moments where I need to remind myself that my sacrifices have value and have already been given to God.
3. Novena to Our Lady of Surprises. I used to pray this with my mom for special intentions and it was always very effective. Mostly, I love to be reminded of Mary at the wedding at Cana and her special, motherly love for each of us. I also love the cute, simple title of “Our Lady of Surprises.”
4. Chaplet of Divine Mercy. It feels like a “cheater’s rosary” doesn’t it? I love that.
5. Praying to St. Anne, mother of Mary, grandmother of Jesus. St. Anne is my go-to saint for all things motherly and painful. She has gotten me through eight labors and successful nursing experiences so far. That’s a lot to me.
And now … I tag you! Answer on your own blog or right here in the comments. Please share your favorite Catholic devotions.