Father Basil Nortz, author of Holy Silence, joins the Girlfriends podcast to discuss the importance of silence in a noisy world.
- Silence is countercultural in a noisy world, but it is essential for spiritual growth and finding God in the present moment.
- Different types of silence, such as silence of the body help us order our faculties and focus on what is truly important.
- Phones and media can be distractions that hinder silence and disconnect us from God and others. Setting limitations and teaching children the value of silence is important.
- Embracing silence requires continual conversion and a recognition of what truly brings us happiness, peace, and joy.
- The book Holy Silence serves as a program of life, guiding readers to reflect on their own habits and grow in their spiritual journey.
Go beyond the podcast! For bonus podcasts, weekly columns, exclusive Lenten sessions, live events, and more, subscribe here!