This week we are talking about getting rid of the guilt that can be so crippling in our lives. First, we must distinguish between healthy, helpful guilt, and unhealthy, unhelpful guilt. We are talking about “getting rid” of the unhealthy kind, so it’s important to note the difference. Once you determine you are dealing with unhealthy guilt, here are some points to keep in mind:
1) God made you unique and you are meant to be a unique blessing to the people in your life.
2) Find out what your family actually WANTS. You might be surprised!
3) Be careful what you read from the “experts.” YOU are the expert in your own life.
4) Get an outside opinion. If you are feeling confused about the guilt you feel, talk with someone you trust and get the benefit of their perspective.
5) If you decide to embark on something new, immediately take at least one small step toward your goal. Banish the feeling of guilt and paralysis by taking action — however small — toward meeting your new goal!
This week I share an awesome chat I had with Daria Sockey from the Coffee and Canticles blog. She shares so beautifully about her own fun adventures and challenges as mom and homeschooler.
Thank you SO MUCH to Erica who left voicemail feedback this week.
Links for this episode
My new book is available!
You’re Worth It! Change How You Feel About Yourself By Discovering How Jesus Feels About You
From our healthy goals check-in: My Fitness Pal app