By Raphael Bean
- Life is meant to be tasted. Grab hold of it with both hands and enjoy every last bit of it.
- “No” means “Hurry up and eat that magnificent morsel you just picked up from the floor because Mama is about to take it away.”
- If your big brother touches your belly, LAUGH.
- If the doctor touches your belly, CRY.
- A warm bath tub filled with bubbles is a little bit of heaven here on earth. In order to ensure that you enjoy the experience as fully as possible, gulp great big mouthfuls of the water.
- If your mother tries to put you down for a nap, she is probably up to something. She might even be accomplishing something. In order to find out what it is, fight off that nagging urge to sleep for as long as possible. Let loose with a soul-wrenching cry and wail steadily until she returns for you.
- Dog food? Delicious.
- Church is a wonderful place to experiment with your voice. Practice your vowels with various consonant endings. “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-Mah!” and “Uuuuuuuuuuuu-Guh!” make for lovely echoes.
- One drooly, toothless grin is all it takes to remind your mother why she chose a life that requires her to be out of bed at 4:00 in the morning. And that she wouldn’t want it any other way.