What I Have Been Doing
- pouring orange juice
- rocking feverish babies
- serving “sunshine in a bowl” (pineapple chunks with sliced banana)
- hacking, coughing, and drinking tea with honey ( I feel pretty good actually, I just don’t sound that way)
- dispensing medication and keeping track of individual doses in my steel trap of a mind until the whole system went haywire this afternoon and I couldn’t for the life of me figure out who was due for what when and so I resorted to writing it all down, hyper-organized style, on the back of an envelope (which is now buried beneath a pile of papers on the kitchen counter) with a 2-inch stub of a pencil
- watching Hard Hat Harry. Is it just me, or has anyone else fallen hopelessly in love with that man who alone possesses the magical power that calms the screechiest of toddlers?
- exercising great restraint in my conversations with the people who answer the phones at our pediatrician’s office
- preparing a houseful of sickies for my absence this coming weekend
What I Have Not Been Doing
- making delicious, nutritious meals for my family
- folding laundry
- sweeping the dining room floor
- blogging in any kind of meaningful way
It’s nothing personal. Really, it’s not.