- The latest Bean Family Virus has hit Baby Danny with a wallop. His eyes are gooey, his nose is runny, and endless sniffles keep him awake at night.
- Eamon’s recent gum purchase came with a free “kid tattoo” on every wrapper. I don’t think they should be allowed to call these things “kid tattoos.” “Brightly colored semi-permanent flesh smudgers” would be more accurate.
- Today’s gigantic piles of laundry included approximately 17 pairs of undies for one anonymous boy child and no pairs of undies for another anonymous boy child. Are we sharing? Do we have secret undie stashes under the bed or a hygiene problem? Do I want to know?
- As I folded the laundry beast this afternoon, Daniel “helped.” By wiping his nose on his father’s clean T-shirts. And by pulling random items from the basket, clenching them in his teeth, growling at me until I pulled them free, and then collapsing in hysterical fits of giggles at his own hilarious “joke.”
- Somebody “washed” a jar of vaseline in the bathroom this afternoon. This chore involved coating the sink with grease and filling the now half-empty jar with sudsy water.
- Pajama time came early tonight. As I bundled Raphael into warm sleepy clothes, he lifted his shirt and invited me to kiss his belly. So I did. His belly is warm and smooth, with the most ridiculously “outie” belly button you could ever hope to see smack dab in the middle of its delicious roundness. Raphael laughed. “Stop it, Mama!” he falsely protested before lifting his shirt and grinning that contagious grin at me again and again.
The devil is in the details I’ve heard, and that’s true enough. But sometimes I find God there too.